Grants and awards
At UCP, we reward students with high academic performance achievements through awards of excellence and merit grants.
These programs are open to all students that comply with the regulations, conditions and criteria governing scholarships and awards of their respective faculty.
Since its founding UCP has always made great efforts to ensure no student is denied access to its courses due to financial restrictions. Where an application proves that a high potential student requires financial support, the Student Support Office of the Portuguese Catholic University may completely cover or partly cover tuition fees through the following entities:
- Study Grant;
- Reduction of tuition fees.
CATÓLICA FELLOWSHIPS FOR PORTUGUESE AMERICAN STUDENTS
Universidade Católica Portuguesa offers 5 fellowships to Portuguese American students seeking undergraduate or Masters level degrees in any field of knowledge.
The CFPA Fellowships are merit based fellowships awarded to American students of Portuguese descent, who wish to seek a degree at Universidade Católica Portuguesa. The fellowship consists in a full tuition waiver tenable for 36 (or 48 months for a degree in Law), provided the grantee keeps an excellent academic record. The CFPA fellowship is worth up to 6333€/academic year. The fellowship is awarded to applicants for undergraduate degrees and M.A. and MSc degrees in every field of knowledge.
Applicants must be college/university seniors or college/university graduates, depending on the level of the program they wish to apply to.
To be considered for nomination as a CFPA Fellow, a student must:
- Fulfill the merit based enrollment conditions as an international;
- Student at UCP;
- Have a high school or college grade-point average of at least "B" (or the equivalent) and be in the upper fourth of his or her class;
- Be a US citizen of Portuguese descent with an outstanding / very good academic record.
- Online application;
- Motivation letter, detailing how the academic program and your overall educational plans will prepare you for your chosen career goal;
- Official transcripts; Please provide an official transcript from each educational institution attended.
- Demonstrated potential for a commitment to a career in the chosen education field;
- Academic performance;
- Successful applicants for undergraduate degrees must provide official transcripts/ proof of secondary school conclusion with the expected grade by June 30;
- For M.A., L.L.M. or MSc applicants, proof of conclusion of the previous degree must be provided till October 30.