Candidates of Other Nationalities
Not having Portuguese or other EU Member State nationality with the exception of:
- those who, not being nationals of an EU Member State, have been legally residing in Portugal continuously for at least two years on 31 August of the year in which they intend to enter higher education, including any of their children who legally reside with them (The length of residence with a residence permit for study is not relevant for this purpose of residence time in Portugal);
- foreign students who are attending a Portuguese higher education institution within the framework of an international mobility programme in order to complete a course of studies of a foreign higher education institution with whom the Portuguese.
- secondary school diploma or legally equivalent degree;
- results obtained in 2018, 2017 or 2016 of one of the following options in the order presented:
The final national examination of foreign secondary education considered homologous to entrance exam for the course - Annex I of the International Student regulation;
National final exams of foreign secondary education;
A passing grade in the subject of the foreign secondary education considered equivalent to the entrance exam;
Alternatively, completion of the national exams in Portugal of the entrance tests required for the course to which you are applying.
Admission will be granted to students who have completed Gaokao in the last two academic years and who were classified in 1st and 2nd categories in the ranking by Province.
The application grade is calculated as follows:
Final grade of secondary school education or equivalent degree: 60%
The final national exam Classification of one of the subjects of secondary education mentioned: 40%
Final national exam or subject exam that substitutes the entrance exam.
The classifications obtained will be converted to the Portuguese scale in accordance with Portuguese law.
- Simple photocopy of identification tax number (or any other fiscal identification document)
- Photocopy of identification tax number (or any other fiscal identification document)
- A photograph
- Declaration, under oath, that the applicant is eligible as "international student"
- Secondary School Diploma with complete list of courses (courses taken and their classification) and final classification*
- Certificate of the marks obtained in the final national secondary school exam (if applicable in the country) *
Payment of Application Fee (if not admitted the amount is non-refundable)
» Applicants may also be requested to submit:
Document indicating the rating scale in the country concerned, including mention of the positive scale, issued by competent authority, whenever the certificates do not indicate the country's grading scale and/or Portuguese law does not provide for conversion of the grades of that country *;
Document issued by competent authority attesting the evaluation in the final national exams of the subjects relevant for the course *
* The original of this document must be submitted at the start date of classes and: a) be legalized by Portuguese diplomatic or consular authority, OR b) contain the Hague Apostille issued by the competent authority of the issuing country, if that country has joined the Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents (Hague Conference).
To request equivalence, the document in the original language and a translation into Portuguese (official translation) must be submitted
Formalizing your application
Before submitting or sending your application, you must ensure that applications to the program you are interested in are open.
- Braga» send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the documents mentioned above *;
- Lisboa» send email to email@example.com with the documents mentioned above *;
- Porto» Online | Email with the documents mentioned above *;
- Viseu » send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the documents mentioned above *;
After sending the documentation by email, candidates will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of application with the necessary information for making payment via bank transfer. The application will only be considered complete after receipt of payment.