Volunteering and Solidarity Activities
Universidade Católica Portuguesa recognises its responsibility to promote solidarity and to structure volunteering and the spirit of service in the context of its academic community. Likewise, knowing itself to be an integral part of the larger community that surrounds it, UCP assumes the commitment to add value to organizations and initiatives of recognized social interest, whose vision is aligned with the mission of UCP: to promote the integral formation of the person, oriented towards the global reality, based on the principles of truth and respect for people and the environment.
Lisboa and Sintra
The VIDA Project is aimed at students of all levels of education at the UCP Headquarters campus who wish to volunteer. Organized in partnership between the Social Responsibility Office (GRS) and the UCP's Chaplaincy, it foresees the complete accompaniment of volunteers, from their registration to their training and integration in the different institutions.
Each year students can also apply to FLY/VUELA, an international summer volunteering and/or service-learning programme (minimum one week) in partnership with several European universities.
Food Bank collection campaign
Participation in the Food Bank Against Hunger food collection campaign that takes place twice a year (Partnership with the Food Bank Against Hunger).
Blood and bone marrow collection campaign
Participation in the blood and bone marrow collection campaign, which takes place twice a year in various higher education institutions.
The “Missão País” is a Catholic project by university students for university students, born out of Schoenstatt Apostolic Movement. It organizes and develops the University Missions – a week of apostolate and social action - in several locations in Portugal.
CASO - Católica Solidária
CASO is the volunteer office of the Porto Regional Centre, founded in 2002. It offers regular or occasional volunteering programmes in Portugal and/or abroad.
- CASO Regular: volunteering in various community institutions (minimum 1.5h a week) in 7 SER+ areas: Environment; Shelter; Special; Example; Professional; Wisdom; Life.
- CASO Pontual: usually linked to occasional, short-term volunteering initiatives, such as collection campaigns, charity drives, cleaning activities, and outreach stalls.
- GAS Africa: catholic group that offers you the opportunity to go on a voluntary mission in the summer (2 months) after an intensive year of training.
- FLY/VUELA: international summer volunteering and/or service-learning program (minimum one week) in partnership with several European universities.
- COMMUNITY SERVICE: volunteering only for psychology students who at the same time take part in a training and follow-up program run by a team of teachers from the Faculty of Education and Psychology.
Food Bank collection campaign
Participation in the Food Bank collection campaign that takes place twice a year.
Blood and Bone marrow collection campaign
Participation in the blood and bone narrow collection campaign, which takes place twice a year in various higher education institutions.
Tree planting activity (all native trees) promoted under the FUTURO – 100.000 trees project, developed by the UCP group of environment studies in partnership with the Metropolitan Area of Porto.
Missão Pais Católica Porto
The “Missão País” is a Catholic project by university students for university students. It organizes and develops the University Missions - weeks of apostolate and social action - in several faculties in Portugal.
Ready to help
Our premise is assist in helping
The “Católica Ready to Help” project is developed by students from the Faculty of Dental Medicine and the Institute of Management and Health Organizations, UCP@Viseu. The main objectives of this project include improving the relationship between society and the academic community, enabling sustainable development and well-being promoting social responsibility and encouraging the academic community to volunteer work, so that is continuous in the institutions that need it most.
- Food Campaign
- Toys and books campaign
- Clothes collecting Campaingn
- Oral health care awareness campaign – lectures
- “Caring Calls” Campaign – support for the elderly
- Campaign “Caring for the environment”
Some campaigns happen in specific dates, like the food campaign. Others are open the whole year.