Studios, Research and Study Laboratories
For the courses in the areas of science and technology, there are laboratories of study and research, particularly the School of Biotechnology (Porto) laboratories for the study of Engineering of Bioprocesses and Biopolymers, Control and Optimisation of Food Processes, Fundamental Microbiology and Applied, and Environmental Studies.
The students of the School of Arts, in Porto, have a set of equipment and facilities as means of support:
- Music listening club with attached music library;
- Pipe organs, harpsichords, pianos;
- Television studio;
- Control room for sound, image and lightening;
- Recording, editing and video post-production units;
- Assembly stations for locution, production and sound editing;
- Video and DVD viewing rooms.
Social Communication students benefit from the support of a radio studio and a multimedia room. In Viseu, the dentistry course inaugurated in late 2001 a fully equipped dental clinic allowing students to put into practice a new concept of interactive and flexible teaching called HEINET (Human Education Interactive NETwork), entirely based on Information and Communication Technologies.
In addition to computer support provided by IT Services, students have free-standing computer rooms.