Our faculties, schools and institutes are spread throughout the country in the cities of Braga, Lisboa, Porto and Viseu, offering a wide range of programs.
The origin of UCP dates from October 13, 1967, when it joined the Faculty of Philosophy of Braga as the first institution, which had been operating in the city since 1947. The Regional Center of Braga was born on October 25, 1999, with the purpose of consolidating and to develop the presence of the Portuguese Catholic University in the region. The Regional Center of Braga currently offers 9 degrees, 21 master's degrees and 6 doctorates, distributed by its faculties.
The Faculty of Theology has the mission to cultivate and promote, through scientific research and higher teaching, theological and related sciences; to study Catholic doctrine, haurida of Divine Revelation, and to expose it orderly, seeking, in the light of the same Revelation, solutions to human problems.