Católica Fellowships for Portuguese American Students
Universidade Católica Portuguesa offers 5 fellowships to Portuguese American students seeking undergraduate or Masters level degrees in any field of knowledge.
The CFPA Fellowships are merit based fellowships awarded to American students of Portuguese descent, who wish to seek a degree at Universidade Católica Portuguesa. The fellowship consists in a full tuition waiver tenable for 36 months for an undergraduate degree (48 months for a degree in Law), or for 24 months for a Master degree, provided the grantee keeps an excellent academic record.
The student, in order to continue receiving the scholarship for the second year, should successfully complete a minimum number (depending on the program followed) of courses during the first year, and have obtained a minimum GPA of 15 (on a scale of zero to twenty). The CFPA fellowship is worth up to 6 333€ / academic year. All remaining costs (housing, living expenses, traveling, health insurance, etc.) are the student’s responsibility.
The fellowship is awarded to applicants for undergraduate degrees and M.A. and MSc degrees in every field of knowledge.
Applicants must be college/university seniors or college/university graduates, depending on the level of the program they wish to apply to.
To be considered for nomination as a CFPA Fellow, a student must:
- Fulfill the merit based enrollment conditions as those required for an international student at UCP;
- Have a high school or college grade-point average of at least "B" (or the equivalent) and be in the upper fourth of his or her class;
- Be a US citizen of Portuguese descent with an outstanding / very good academic record.
Applicant check list:
- Online application;
- Motivation letter, detailing how the academic program and their overall educational plans will prepare them for their chosen career goal;
- Official transcripts;
- Please provide an official transcript from each educational institution attended.
Applicants are evaluated on the basis of:
- Demonstrated potential for a commitment to a career in the chosen education field;
- Academic performance.
Applications due: January 31, 2021
Selection committee meeting: February 2021
Results: February/March 2021
Successful applicants for undergraduate degrees must provide official transcripts/ proof of secondary school conclusion with the expected grade by June 30, 2021;
For M.A., L.L.M. or MSc applicants, proof of conclusion of the previous degree must be provided till October 30, 2021