Individual Protections Measures
Questions & Answers
Check here the measures indicated by the DGS.
Most infected people have a mild illness and recover, but it can be more serious in some other cases. Protect yourself and other, by doing the following:
- Clean and wash your hands frequently and thoroughly (know more here) with an alcohol-based solution, and wash them with soap and water;
- Keep a distance of at least 2 meters from someone who is sneezing or coughing;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth if you haven’t washed your hands;
- Whenever you cough or sneeze, make sure to cover your mouth and nose with your arm (inner part of the elbow), or use a tissue that should be thrown away immediately;
- Always wear a mask indoors. The same is mandatory for ALL in those spaces. Place it correctly. You can find more information on how to place it here;
- Stay at home if you feel unwell. If you have fever, cough or difficulty breathing, and before visiting a healthcare service, you should call 808 24 24 24 (SNS24), informing them of your health condition and travel history (if any), and follow the guidelines provided;
- In your daily activities, choose telephone or email interactions.
Wash your hands frequently (know more here) with water and soap, rubbing them thoroughly for at least 20 seconds, including the back of the hands and the nails.
Alternatively, you can use an alcohol-based solution.
- Don't wear a mask indoors: The use of a mask is mandatory in enclosed spaces. Learn how to put the mask correctly here.
- Self-medicate, for example with antibiotics or other medication;
- Handshake, hug or kiss other people.
- Personal contact in case of symptomatology. If you are at home, you should contact SNS24 on 808 24 24 24.