Universidade Católica Portuguesa publishes in a broad range of areas, including collections, academic journals and newsletters from the faculties and study centres. Several publications, such as the Portuguese Journal of Philosophy, have long years of existence and hold great prestige in academia.
In 1998, the university created its own publishing company, Universidade Católica Editora (UCEditora), with recognized prestige in the academic and business world, through the development of several editorial lines in the following areas: Business and Economics, Education Sciences and Humanities, Health Sciences, Social Sciences, Law and Theology
The aim of Universidade Católica Editora is to help promote the academic and research activities of UCP, acting as an outstanding means of communication between its academic staff and society at large.
With 20 years of existence, Universidade Católica Editora (UCE) has more than 700 published titles and more than 350 authors.
In the last 3 years, the editorial rate has been above 50 titles per year, maintaining the high editorial quality of the issues.
The brand has expanded to UCE-Porto, which already has more than 60 editions.
Since 2014 that Universidade Católica Editora publishes e-books, marketed in all digital platforms (Amazon, App Store, Almedina, Barnes & Noble, Bookwire, Fnac.pt, Cat Sabido, Google, IBA, iBookStore, Kobo, LeyaOnline, among others) and can also be purchased on the publishers website. The edition of hybrid books adjusted the print runs to market demand, allowing editing in physical and digital format, making the book available in open access after a period of two years. The English edition allowed us to meet the internationalization strategy from UCP.
For more information go to UCEditora website.
Moreover there is Axioma, a publisher which belongs to the company Aletheia - Scientific and cultural association, which, in turn, is owned by Companhia de Jesus and linked to the Faculty of Philosophy and Social Sciences of the Regional Center of Braga from Universidade Católica Portuguesa.
- Cadernos de Saúde (Institute of Health Sciences)
- Lusitania Sacra Magazine (Center for the Study of Religious History of the Faculty of Theology);
- Fontes e Subsídios (Center for the Study of Religious History of the Faculty of Theology);
- Studies of Religious History (Center for the Study of Religious History of the Faculty of Theology);
- Instruments and Documentary Description (Center for the Study of Religious History of the Faculty of Theology);
- Peoples and Cultures (“Povos e Culturas”) Magazine (Center of Studies of Peoples and Cultures of Portuguese Expression);
- Collection Studies and Documents (Center of Studies of Peoples and Cultures of Portuguese Expression);
- Extra collection (Center of Studies of Peoples and Cultures of Portuguese Expression);
- Revista Nova Cidadania (Institute of Political Studies).