The office, co-ordinated by a director, comprises the Secretariat and International Relations.
Its duties are to:
- Ensure, within the scope of the Rector´s Office, compliance to the rules contained in UCP´s statutes and regulations, and in civil law;
- Amongst other duties, it shall start, update and file processes on:
- Examinations for master´s and doctoral degrees and for career progress;
- Academic progression and promotion;
- Granting equivalent degree status for foreign master´s and doctoral degrees, recording doctorates obtained abroad and recognising foreign qualifications;
- Authorising the hiring of faculty and other academic staff.
- Co-ordinate and prepare dossiers that the Rector´s Office presents to external bodies.
- Draw up agendas for meetings of the university´s bodies, provide the required documents, the calendar and summon the meetings.
- Check that the mandates of bodies and officials are valid.
- Organise the Rector´s Office archive; ensure that the archive and the Rector´s Office databases are up to date, ensuring fast and accurate information on the university.
Ms. Frederica Campos de Carvalho
Assistant Director and Co-ordinator of International Relations:
Ms. Maria da Graça Pereira Coutinho
Luísa Pita de Abreu, Berta Monteiro, Anabela Cruz, Helena Eça
Contacts and Opening times
Reitoria (6th floor of Edifício da Biblioteca Universitária João Paulo II)
Universidade Católica Portuguesa
Palma de Cima
P- 1649-023 LISBOA
Tel: ++351 21 726 58 38
Fax: ++351 21 726 05 46
Internal phone (reception): 1110
9.00 - 13.00
14.00 - 18.00